Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Configuring EMF and RAP as Runtime
Configuring EMF and RAP as Runtime [message #650105] Fri, 21 January 2011 18:30 Go to next message
AJ  is currently offline AJ Friend
I am setting the "Rich Ajax Application" from the "Editor" category to true and generating the edit and editor code.

Why doesn't the generated class Application implements IEntryPoint?

Also, why doesn't the manifest for the Editor plugin includes/adds the dependency to the org.eclipse.rap.rwt bundle when it is generated?

If I have to add/change the above manually, then what is the purpose of setting the "Rich Ajax Application" in the genmodel to true?

Note: I know Ed might suggest to ask about RAP on the RAP newsgroup/forum. However, I am posting here first since this have to do with the genmodel.
Re: Configuring EMF and RAP as Runtime [message #650117 is a reply to message #650105] Fri, 21 January 2011 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
AJ,

Comments below.

AJ wrote:
> I am setting the "Rich Ajax Application" from the "Editor" category to
> true and generating the edit and editor code.
>
> Why doesn't the generated class Application implements IEntryPoint?
Why does it need to? It implements IApplication.
>
> Also, why doesn't the manifest for the Editor plugin includes/adds the
> dependency to the org.eclipse.rap.rwt bundle when it is generated?
It uses package imports that can resolve to packages in the RAP bundles.
>
> If I have to add/change the above manually, then what is the purpose
> of setting the "Rich Ajax Application" in the genmodel to true?
I'm not sure why you had to change anything.
>
> Note: I know Ed might suggest to ask about RAP on the RAP
> newsgroup/forum.
No, it's an EMF question.
> However, I am posting here first since this have to do with the genmodel.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Configuring EMF and RAP as Runtime [message #650149 is a reply to message #650117] Fri, 21 January 2011 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJ  is currently offline AJ Friend
Ed,

Thanks for the clarification.

So it seems that when one sets the "Rich Ajax Application" in the genmodel to true, then the doSaveAs() is changed, the class OpenAction and the Button resourceURIBrowseFileSystemButton are removed.

Are all those the changes?

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2011 00:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Configuring EMF and RAP as Runtime [message #650167 is a reply to message #650149] Sat, 22 January 2011 07:16 Go to previous message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
AJ wrote on Fri, 21 January 2011 18:22

So it seems that when one sets the "Rich Ajax Application" in the genmodel to true, then the doSaveAs() is changed, the class OpenAction and the Button resourceURIBrowseFileSystemButton are removed.

Are all those the changes?

AJ, there are a number of differences in the non java artifacts for dependencies - MANIFEST.MF, plugin.xml etc.. But those aren't going to be overwritten when you change the target to RAP. That's why I've generally found it helpful to change the editor plugin to a separate name, i.e. com.mymodel.editor.rap and generate an entirely new plugin. It might be interesting to do the same thing for .edit just to compare, but I have found that it works fine to use the same .edit plugin for both the IDE and RAP targets, and of course you really don't want to have to maintain two different edit codebases. It's pretty easy to do (almost) single sourcing but there are some subtleties.
Previous Topic:Save XML order attributes
Next Topic:[CDO] Update an object to a revision
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:54:38 GMT 2024