Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Eclipse STS 2.5.1 eGit commit issue: lots of files with unknown status
Eclipse STS 2.5.1 eGit commit issue: lots of files with unknown status [message #648909] Sat, 15 January 2011 11:13
Fred Janon is currently offline Fred JanonFriend
I am a bit stuck, I use Eclipse STS with eGit. I created the Git repository and committed the project. I then changed the Grails plugins directory to be in my project, so I can commit its content in the Git repository.

Now Git shows me all the Spring Security files (the ones in the user dir I guess) with an 'unknown' status when I want to do a commit. I have to deselect all the files before I can commit. I think I need to tell eGit to ignore the old plugin directory, but it doesn't show anywhere in the Eclipse project hierarchy. Is there a way out of this?

Here is the error message I get when I try to commit if I don't deselect all the unknown files one by one (very painful):

Committing failed
Preparing trees
C:\SRMS\ents and Settings\Administrator\.grails\1.3.4\projects\SRMS\plugins\s pring-security-core-1.0.1\src\java\org\codehaus\groovy\grail s\plugins\springsecurity\SecurityEventListener.java (The system cannot find the path specified)

Any idea of where to look?

Thanks

Fred
Previous Topic:I've just downloaded the JGIT-jar, now what?
Next Topic:ignore (not delete!) filtered project resources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:29:02 GMT 2024