Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Compartments have same connection problem as diagrams
Compartments have same connection problem as diagrams [message #648339] Wed, 12 January 2011 14:07
E. Waldin is currently offline E. WaldinFriend
Compartments have the same problem w.r.t. connections as do diagrams, where the problem is described in bugzilla 314670 ( https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=314670). For example, if you have a compartment containing two elements with a connection between them and you then delete one of the semantic elements in another editor (e.g. using Xtext), then the connection figure is present on the diagram even though the semantic model element no longer exists, there is no view in the compartment for that element, and the corresponding connection view has been removed from the diagram view. In other words, some figure and/or edit part for the connection is still hanging around and the GMF layer knows nothing about it.

The quick work-around is to have the compartment's generated XCompartmentCanonicalEditPolicy inherit from CanonicalConnectionEditPolicy instead of CanonicalEditPolicy. This, however, appears to be a hack according to bugzilla 314670, which says the issue has been fixed, at least for diagrams. I am using Helios SR1, which does not have this fix.

Here are my questions:

Has the fix for diagrams from 314670 also been implemented for compartments?

If so, where can I find it so I can use the "correct" solution?

If there is no fix for compartments (yet), or I decide to wait for a fix to be officially released in a future update, is there any harm in using the above work-around for compartments?

Thanks

Previous Topic:change adanced property values programattically
Next Topic:Model-Diagram Synch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 05:09:12 GMT 2024