Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Compare] Change comparison resource order
[EMF Compare] Change comparison resource order [message #648273] Wed, 12 January 2011 08:53 Go to next message
stef is currently offline stefFriend
Hy,

I'm using EMF compare.

I have one file "File V1.xmi" and an other one "File V2.xmi".
When I select these files and choose "Compare with each other", "File V1" is always the left resource.

But my process is :
File V1 ----> evolutions ----> File V2

So I'd like to see what are the evolutions done in V2 (not what are the evolutions in V1...). How can I change the order ? (without renaming files name)

I don't know if my explanation is clear enough.....

Thanks,

Stef

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2011 08:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMF Compare] Change comparison resource order [message #651684 is a reply to message #648273] Tue, 01 February 2011 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Hi Stef!

I faced the same problem. The content of left/right tabs in Compare view don't depend on the order element were selected. It is confusing and misleading.

I looked through the EMF Compare bugzilla and didn't find a corresponding bug. I am debugging this functionality now. I'll let you know if i find any solution/explanation.

Best wishes,
Tanya.
Re: [EMF Compare] Change comparison resource order [message #652601 is a reply to message #651684] Fri, 04 February 2011 16:43 Go to previous message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
So,

During debugging I found out that the problem repeats from Eclipse Core Compare functionality, and there it comes from Common Navigator. Common Navigator passes already sorted selected, where it is impossible to figure out which element was selected first.
I expected to find a lot of bugs or discussions about such important problem in the core functionality. Surprisingly, I found only Bug 109856 - [Actions] Comparing two folders in Navigator view uses fixed ordering, which was filed in 2005 and wasn't fixed since then.
It seams that there is no way to influence which tab will be right and which one will be left by the order they are selected.

Tanya.
Previous Topic:[EEF] RAP Support
Next Topic:Find referenced Objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:21:22 GMT 2024