Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Running in STS
Running in STS [message #647945] Mon, 10 January 2011 15:02
Eva Troels is currently offline Eva TroelsFriend
I have par project that consists of several bundles.
My bundles are built by Maven and the Manifest.MF file is genereated by bundlor.

I start by running mvn clean package on the command line. This builds the project and in this process deletes and generates the manifest.

I then refresh my projects in STS and Eclipse-clean-builds

The Manifest.mf file is deleted and generated by maven. But even after a refresh, eclipse reports that the file has been changed on the file system. I am confused what generates this behaviour. It should only be changed in connection with a manual build from the command line, right?

When adding my par to the virgo server and starting it I notice several peculiar things:

Two of my bundles are of type "war". When running, I almost always gets the error that the manifest.mf does not exist. When inspecing the "stage" directory in the virgo server directory I can see that the META-INF directory is missing.

I end up deleting, cleaning, building and restarting - but at no time the manifest is in place when starting the bundles.

Can anyone provide any pointers to the sequence to clean, build, deploy etc?

Is it not a good idea to delete and generate MANIFEST.MF from maven on the commandline?
Previous Topic:Is it possible to use two different versions from single DM bundle?
Next Topic:AspectJ LTW with Virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 22:03:22 GMT 2024