Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » how to search local folders in PDT Eclipse 3.4.1(Sort of like java Eclipse's Remote Search with "Local" Remote Type System)
how to search local folders in PDT Eclipse 3.4.1 [message #647199] Wed, 05 January 2011 00:22 Go to next message
GT Missing name is currently offline GT Missing nameFriend
Hi,
I am using PDT Eclipse 3.4.1 in Windows XP. Many time I would like to limit my search to a folder within my workspace instead of the entire workspace or would like to search in a folder outside my workspace because I have my backups there or something...

Java Eclipse provides this ability in Search->"Remote Search" using "Local" Remote System Type (Windows->Preferences->Remote Systems)

Is there a way to do this in PDT eclipse? Or perhaps there is a plug-in that I can install for this purpose?

Thanks
Green.
Re: how to search local folders in PDT Eclipse 3.4.1 [message #647219 is a reply to message #647199] Wed, 05 January 2011 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Help>Software Updates>Available Software>Ganymede Update Site>Remote Access and Device Development>Remote System Explorer End-User Runtime

Install it.
Re: how to search local folders in PDT Eclipse 3.4.1 [message #647384 is a reply to message #647219] Wed, 05 January 2011 21:26 Go to previous message
GT Missing name is currently offline GT Missing nameFriend
Thanks Toshihiro Izumi. That indeed worked like a charm!
Previous Topic:Line spacing problem
Next Topic:Content Assist for Files Outside the project.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:11:25 GMT 2024