Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Launcher is not included with Buckminster build
Launcher is not included with Buckminster build [message #644690] Mon, 13 December 2010 19:21 Go to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
Hello Buckminster community --

so far so good -- with the latest (3.6.1) Eclipse, Delta Pack and Buckminster I can materialize my features and plugins. I can use the Buckminster actions to create a p2 site.

What I need to do is also include an executable, ie launcher, with the deployed p2 site. I have been scouring the newsgroup and web and have not figured out how to do this.

I have tried including org.eclipse.equinox.executable feature in my product; I have created a cspex based on the example which has a create.product action. This action calls equinox.p2.director, gives it the p2 repository and the iu in the profile.

The output does not include a launcher. The iu I'm giving it is the top level feature which includes the product. I have specified the current os etc.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Tamar
Re: Launcher is not included with Buckminster build [message #644695 is a reply to message #644690] Mon, 13 December 2010 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Hi Tamar,

Quote:

The output does not include a launcher. The iu I'm giving it is the top level feature which includes the product. I have specified the current os etc.

You should not provide the feature as your IU but rather product itself - what was defined in the product drop down of the product definition file. Also, you don't need to include executable feature - Buckminster takes care of that I believe.

Regards,
Alex
Re: Launcher is not included with Buckminster build [message #644696 is a reply to message #644695] Mon, 13 December 2010 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also,
Quote:

so far so good -- with the latest (3.6.1) Eclipse, Delta Pack and Buckminster I can materialize my features and plugins. I can use the Buckminster actions to create a p2 site.

A target definition like this (http:// code.google.com/p/iskaboo/source/browse/trunk/bucky/com.i.te st.product.feature/product.target?r=25) should be enough to define launchers. What I mean is that you don't need delta pack.

Alex
Re: Launcher is not included with Buckminster build [message #644709 is a reply to message #644696] Mon, 13 December 2010 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamar Cohen is currently offline Tamar CohenFriend
AHA!

Thank you so much Alex I discovered 2 issues, one being the iu had to be the product and not the feature as you outlined.

The other is when specifying the os, I had typed 'osx' instead of 'macosx'

thanks again for your help! Now ... on to promoting Buckminster to my institution ...

Tamar
Re: Launcher is not included with Buckminster build [message #644715 is a reply to message #644709] Mon, 13 December 2010 21:50 Go to previous message
One more thing - not sure if you know this, when defining launchers make sure you check 'Include all environments' as described here http://www.ralfebert.de/blog/eclipsercp/rcp_builds/#target, otherwise you will end up with launcher only for the platform you are building on.

Regards,
Alex

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2010 21:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problems resolving eclipse bundles
Next Topic:feature is categorized twice in update site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:32:29 GMT 2024