Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT
icon2.gif  Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #644594] Mon, 13 December 2010 12:32 Go to next message
Daniel  is currently offline Daniel Friend
Hi,
introduction:
I have a big, really big problem. I use my own compiler. Now i will use this Compiler in Eclipse.

In the menu -> project -> properties -> builders I have create a new builder with some arguments like password and username.

In "location" is my "compile.bat" file integrated.
When I build my project are no problems, it work perfectly. but now the Problem Wink

I want to add an error parser. In eclipse CDT it is possible in menu: -> project -> properties -> C/C++ build -> Settings.
Than I add an regex Error parser. In "error parser options" I write my regular expression, file line and description.

THE PROBLEM:
The error parser doesn't work. In the console I see a command line like that:

"d:/projects/test/SYS\../ESA\./testing.he", line 46: info (dcc:1573): "Info: Including testing.he ..."

this is my regular expression for that:

[I]\"([^\"]+)\", line ([0-9]+): [Ii]nfo (.+)[/I]

But there is no mark in the console or no problems.
Can somebody help me ?
I need pressing help !!!!!!

--------------
Thanks
Daniel

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2010 12:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #644612 is a reply to message #644594] Mon, 13 December 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Your approach is wrong. The output of the your new builder you cretaed via menu -> project -> properties -> builders will not be parsed by any of the error parsers. You should delete this builder and use a so-called Makefile project ("Generate Makefiles automatically" should be disabled and you should use "External builder" in project -> properties -> C/C++ build). Then you can change the default build command from make to compile.bat and add all the arguments you need.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #644763 is a reply to message #644612] Tue, 14 December 2010 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
in project -> properties -> C/C++ build ...builder type is: external builder, but it is grey i can't change it. and as build command is my "compile.bat".
build location: ${workspace_loc:/test}

in my builders options are some arguments, how can i use it ?

builders arguments:all
${workspace_loc:/test}
test.pj
${string_prompt: Username}
${password_prompt: password}

when i build my projekt, eclipse needs username and password. how can i convert this without builders?

in C/C++ Build like I said, cant do anything. Builder type is grey but I see that EXTERNAL BUILDER IS selected.
Build Command: compile.bat
Makefile generation:
there I can't select anything, it's grey too. But "generate makefile automatically is not selected.
Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #644770 is a reply to message #644763] Tue, 14 December 2010 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
in project -> properties -> C/C++ build ...builder type is: external builder, but it is grey i can't change it. and as build command is my "compile.bat".
build location: ${workspace_loc:/test}

That looks good. But you are right. You cannot use e.g. ${string_prompt: Username}. As an alternative you can define your own variables in project -> properties -> C/C++ build->Build variables. Then you can add these variables to your build command directly. But this will only work if username and password are always the same. Beware, the variables are stored as clear text in .cproject file.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- google
Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #644779 is a reply to message #644770] Tue, 14 December 2010 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First time, thanks a lot. it works Wink

now I wrote my username and my password in the line. than it work perfectly. Now I need the right variables that eclipse asks me for that. Do you have some ideas, username and password aren't the same Sad

Many thanks!
Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #644800 is a reply to message #644779] Tue, 14 December 2010 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an new small problem...
i don't need my password, eclipse must save it. I only need my username to connect to server. do you know where eclipse save the password or why it doesn's ask for ?

--------
Daniel
Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #645140 is a reply to message #644800] Wed, 15 December 2010 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel wrote on Tue, 14 December 2010 10:43
I have an new small problem...
i don't need my password, eclipse must save it. I only need my username to connect to server. do you know where eclipse save the password or why it doesn's ask for ?

--------
Daniel

Could you specify which password? I don't get it at the moment.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- google
Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #645199 is a reply to message #645140] Wed, 15 December 2010 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you mean with "specify which password" ?
I don't understand.

I am using an extern tool. for this tool I need Username and password. Now I want that eclipse asks me for username and passwort.
For example in a new window oder I dont know. Before I write my compile.bat into C++ Builder, it works. I created it in the menu -> Builders. Than eclipse open a new window, there I have to write my username, that klick OK, than a new window opens and I have to write my password, than klick OK and he connects me to the extern tool. But in this way the error-parser doesn't work.

You show me how I can use the error-parser, now the error-parser works, but the request of username and passwort faild. I have to write the username and passwort into the line, where the compile.bat is.

Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #645238 is a reply to message #645199] Thu, 16 December 2010 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Daniel wrote on Wed, 15 December 2010 22:48
You show me how I can use the error-parser, now the error-parser works, but the request of username and passwort faild. I have to write the username and passwort into the line, where the compile.bat is.
[/quote]
As I said before you cannot use the Eclipse variables ${string_prompt: Username} and ${password_prompt: password} for the build command. It is not supported. I think the reason is to avoid UI dependencies for headless builds. You have to add these values to your build command line.

Do Username and password change for every build or why do you want to have a dialog for them?

Regarding error parsers for external tools, see
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=320823

Before you ask
- search this forum
- google
Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #645261 is a reply to message #645238] Thu, 16 December 2010 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No the username doens't change, but when an user adds a project to eclipse, he needs his own username and password. and when a new user connects on same pc, eclipse should aks for name and password so that eclipse knows that a user with new account is on the pc and works on the project. So eclipste shouldn't save the password and the username.

The bug-forum isn't really helpful for me Sad
Do you have an idea, how I can use these variables, or another way ?
Re: Error Parser with external Compiler in CDT [message #1837173 is a reply to message #644594] Sat, 23 January 2021 14:29 Go to previous message
ANDREW MEYER is currently offline ANDREW MEYERFriend
Some versions of eclipse assume that the regex starts at the beginning of the error line and ends at the end of the error line. I couldn't get my regex to work because It was only matching the relevant error locations, not starting at the beginning of the line of error text.
Previous Topic:Having Multiple Startup Files
Next Topic:Problems tab and Console regular expressions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:27:48 GMT 2024