Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » Types of an UML profile are not recognised
icon5.gif  Types of an UML profile are not recognised [message #643377] Mon, 06 December 2010 16:56 Go to next message
Tom Brandenburg is currently offline Tom BrandenburgFriend
Hello,

since my current project got to big to post a small extract here I take a simple example, representing my current problem.
Imagine that you have written a workflow which reads in an UML model, transforms it to another model and generates code out of the transformed model. The workflow lays in its own plugin, which uses other plugins for the transformation and the generation. For defining the UML model I need a profile. The profile should also lay in its own directory:
plugin.workflow
 |
 +- metamodel
     |
     +- someMetaModel.ecore
 +- model
     |
     +- model2BeRead.uml
 +- workflow
     |
     +-main.mwe

plugin.umlprofile
 |
 +- profile
     |
     +- someProfile.profile.uml

plugin.transformation
 |
 +- ext
     |
     +- someExt.ext

plugin.generation
 |
 +- xpt
     |
     +- someXpt.xpt

I assign the profile to the model2BeRead with "Load resource...". Eclipse then inserts relative paths to the profile in the model2BeRead-file. Now the simple problem is that transformation does not recognise types like someProfile::someStereotype, name is null and so on. If I move the profile to plugin.workflow, load and apply it again, then it works and types are recognised. Like here:
plugin.workflow
 |
 +- metamodel
     |
     +- someMetaModel.ecore
 +- profile
     |
     +- someProfile.profile.uml
 +- model
     |
     +- model2BeRead.uml
 +- workflow
     |
     +-main.mwe

But I don't want to have this, because then there are cyclic dependencies in my project.
Since it works in the second case I think my workflow should work and that it is something different.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Tom

[Updated on: Mon, 06 December 2010 16:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Types of an UML profile are not recognised [message #643893 is a reply to message #643377] Wed, 08 December 2010 16:03 Go to previous message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
Tom, have you tried asking this question in whatever newsgroup covers "workflows"/.mwe files? Possibly eclipse.modeling.m2t? We don't know anything about the tools that use UML2, people in those forums might know a bit about UML2 in the context of their tool.

If it is indeed a problem in UML2, they might help you rephrase your problem in terms of UML2 only (hopefully you can write a little snippet of Java code that recreates the problem).

Cheers,

Rafael

Previous Topic:Modifying UML2 profile makes stereotype references invalid
Next Topic:Difference in Schema Location and Xpand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:06:40 GMT 2024