Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » BPEL Designer » Missing attribute in EMF model for FROM element(where is "expressionLanguage")
Missing attribute in EMF model for FROM element [message #642779] Thu, 02 December 2010 16:37 Go to next message
Christoph is currently offline ChristophFriend
The WS-BPEL specification v2.0 defines the attribute expressionLanguage for the from element. org.eclipse.bpel.model.From doesn't define this attribute for the element and thus, expressionLanguage is not available via the EMF model. Nevertheless, one can obtain the expression element (that then defines expressionLanguage), whereas the specification doesn't define a ref="expression" for from.

So I wonder whether I misunderstand the spec or this may be a bug in the implementation.
Re: Missing attribute in EMF model for FROM element [message #648106 is a reply to message #642779] Tue, 11 January 2011 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph is currently offline ChristophFriend
I suggest it's a bug. Can someone please say if I'm right or wrong?
Re: Missing attribute in EMF model for FROM element [message #648641 is a reply to message #648106] Thu, 13 January 2011 18:34 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Christoph,

I wouldn't say it's a bug. There is no rule that says the EMF model MUST follow the exact structure of the language it is trying to represent - but it is convenient if it does so Wink

In this case, the expressionLanguage attribute is contained in the FromImpl#query element (it is actually called Query#queryLanguage). I think this is simply a case of re-using existing model objects for multiple purposes instead of defining additional, very similar objects that do the same thing.

I have seen this in several other areas of the model, e.g. ForEach and Catch, which contain a Variable (actually defined as a QName in the BPEL spec) and do some tricky things to get around the fact that this is only an attribute of the ForEach and Catch, and not an XML element as in the case of the <variable> BPEL element.

Regards,
Bob
Previous Topic:NPE in org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.refreshSchedules
Next Topic:pattern attribute of correlation implicitly always set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:22:27 GMT 2024