Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Helios & Update Manager question
icon4.gif  Helios & Update Manager question [message #642660] Thu, 02 December 2010 08:51 Go to next message
Justin Dolezy is currently offline Justin DolezyFriend
Hi all,

I have an RCP app out in the wilds that not long ago moved to Helios. It's using the Legacy Update Manager which I believe should still work as p2 is doing the work under the covers... Anyways I'm seeing a slightly odd problem when testing an update I need to release:

- Update Manage picks up the update fine from the update site, all gets downloaded, however when the app restarts it doesn't restart with the new plugins! It's still running the old ones.

When I look in the About window, Installation Details > Configuration, it's showing the new feature in the "*** Features:" entry.

Any ideas why the correct plugins wouldn't get resolved even though the platform appears to know about the new feature? When I run the update from the previous version of the app (using the 3.4 platform) then the update runs fine so I know the features & update site are OK. So "there's something about Helios"... any suggestions why it's doing this?!

Many thanks in advance for any hep!
Justin

[looing forward to the new p2 Simple Update coming in 3.7..]
Re: Helios & Update Manager question [message #642720 is a reply to message #642660] Thu, 02 December 2010 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Dolezy is currently offline Justin DolezyFriend
I'm probably clutching at straws here... but I see there's an "osgi.bundles" entry in my config.ini.

Strikes me that what is happening is that this is driving the show and that the platform is loading these (OLD) plugins?

Is there a way to force a refresh on this?

Seems like my app is dead in the water and won't now run any updated code. Update Manager is picking up the files but P2 is saying "stuff you"???
Re: Helios & Update Manager question [message #652124 is a reply to message #642720] Wed, 02 February 2011 17:54 Go to previous message
Mariano  is currently offline Mariano Friend
Hi, we are facing a similar problem. We are trying to use a plugin that is working in eclipse Galileo but it doesn't work in Helios.

We are trying to use the spring webflow editor with some improvements. To do it work in Galileo we just need to add four plugins. but in Helios we only see two of them in eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator /bundles.info

Helios finds:
org.springframework.ide.eclipse.webflow.core
org.springframework.ide.eclipse.webflow.ui.editor

but it doesn't find:
org.springframework.ide.eclipse.webflow.ui
org.springframework.ide.eclipse.webflow.ui.graph

Should we setup something special in plugin.xml to make Helios to find them?

Should we extend something new in the plugins?

TIA

Mariano
Previous Topic:[P2] is it possible to launch .exe with touchpoint?
Next Topic:Bundles not getting updated from 'dropins' directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:42:01 GMT 2024