Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo Snaps / Spring DM Slices in Glassfish 3
Virgo Snaps / Spring DM Slices in Glassfish 3 [message #642372] Wed, 01 December 2010 05:09 Go to next message
Teemu Hiltunen is currently offline Teemu HiltunenFriend
Hi!

I'm quite new to OSGi and haven't really done anything but experimenting with it - especially with Spring DM Slices (I tried to use it within a Wicket webapp but did not got too far with it at the time).

I read a blog about using Spring services with OSGi inside Glassfish 3 ( http://blogs.sun.com/dochez/entry/glassfish_v3_extensions_pa rt_3) and I started to wonder would it be possible to use Spring DM Slices / Virgo Snaps inside Glassfish. So I went head first and just tried to deploy Slices module into Glassfish and as that failed I checked from the error message which module was missing and deployed that first.. and so on.. until Glassfish got stuck and did not start again (after I deployed about 25 OSGi modules from Spring DM).

So, now that my head hurts from that experiment I decided to ask here if anyone else has done anything similar or if someone can just plainly say that it will not work and there is no chance it will ever work and Virgo is the only platform for Snaps. I hope this is not the case though because I love the idea of Snaps and would very much like to use it (maybe not just with JSPs but also with Wicket or JSF too).. preferably on other platforms too than Virgo.

Thank you for any help!

Yours,
Teemu Hiltunen
Re: Virgo Snaps / Spring DM Slices in Glassfish 3 [message #642411 is a reply to message #642372] Wed, 01 December 2010 09:04 Go to previous message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Slices/Snaps are tightly tied to the dmServer/Virgo API internally.
Previous Topic:Try to use osgi compendium services
Next Topic:Installing OpenEJB in Eclipse Virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:26:10 GMT 2024