Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Eclipse Buddy Loading due to problems with Hibernate (Performance Question)
Eclipse Buddy Loading due to problems with Hibernate (Performance Question) [message #642110] Mon, 29 November 2010 21:17 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hello everybody,

I have a performance question according to buddy class loading. Following scenario: Bundle A contains Hibernate, Bundle B contains model classes which Hibernate must see. So I use Buddy Class Loading (policy: registered) and Hibernate can load the model classes. If there is another possibility than Buddy Class Loading then please let me know!!!

So to my question: How often registered plug-ins are searched for class definitions? Only one time when a class is first instantiated or every time a model class is instantiated.

Example: Class X is a model class and an object is created in Bundle A

for (int i = 0; i < 10; ++i) {
X x = new X();
}

In this case is the buddy class loading only used one time or ten times??

I hope someone can help me.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2010 13:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Buddy Loading due to problems with Hibernate (Performance Question) [message #642245 is a reply to message #642110] Tue, 30 November 2010 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
In this case Bundle A has a class loader which is the initiating class loader for class X. An initiating classloader will only be used once on the first time X is loaded. All other access to class X from classes loaded by Bundle A's class loader must not cause another class load request of class X.

Tom.
Re: Eclipse Buddy Loading due to problems with Hibernate (Performance Question) [message #642318 is a reply to message #642245] Tue, 30 November 2010 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Thomas, thanks for your reply.

Have you any source (literature, official document) for that? I've tried to find some but until know I did not have success.

Re: Eclipse Buddy Loading due to problems with Hibernate (Performance Question) [message #642322 is a reply to message #642318] Tue, 30 November 2010 19:15 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
This is not any different than the behavior of a normal class loader in java. The VM will not allow an initiating class loader to initiate a class lookup more than once after the class has been found by the initiating class loader. When I say initiate I mean initiated by the VM while dynamically running some code from a class. If you get your hands on the ClassLoader object it can of coarse be delegated to directly, the VM cannot prevent that.

But in your case you actually have the class X compiled into your class file and the class load of X is going to be initiated by the VM while running the code in your class.

HTH

Tom.
Previous Topic:Zombie Bundles
Next Topic:p2 update testing against alternative repo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:48:44 GMT 2024