Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Eclipse Virgo shutdown(javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: Credentials did not match)
Eclipse Virgo shutdown [message #641667] Fri, 26 November 2010 15:47 Go to next message
Kresimir is currently offline KresimirFriend
Hello all,

I got one problem with virgo and would apreciate if someone can help me solve it. I've been trying to setup a script to run virgo as a windows service using http://sourceforge.net/projects/deamonservice/develop. It a very simple program that I used before for the same thing. It only requires a startup and shutdown script to run.

Both are provided by virgo. The problem is that I decided to change the default password (which is springsource). After that I can run and login to the server with no problems but when I want to shutdown the server using shutdown.bat the following error occurs:

java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication failed! Credentials did not match
at com.sun.jmx.remote.security.JMXPluggableAuthenticator.authen ticationFailure(JMXPluggableAuthenticator.java:208)
at com.sun.jmx.remote.security.JMXPluggableAuthenticator.authen ticate(JMXPluggableAuthenticator.java:185)
at sun.management.jmxremote.ConnectorBootstrap$AccessFileChecke rAuthenticator.authenticate(ConnectorBootstrap.java:201)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl.doNewClient(RMISer verImpl.java:213)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl.newClient(RMIServe rImpl.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.ja va:305)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTranspo rt.java:535)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TC PTransport.java:790)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCP Transport.java:649)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Threa dPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoo lExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServ er(StreamRemoteCall.java:255)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteC all.java:233)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:142)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub.newClient(Unk nown Source)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.getConnection(RMICo nnector.java:2327)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnecto r.java:279)
at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConne ctorFactory.java:248)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.shutdown.ShutdownClient.doShutdown( ShutdownClient.java:63)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.shutdown.ShutdownClient.performShut down(ShutdownClient.java:50)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.shutdown.ShutdownClient.main(Shutdo wnClient.java:43)

I tried to shutdown the server using the jconsole tool and that works fine so I am not sure if I have missed something. The guide describes that the password only has to be changed in org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.users.properties which I have done so I am not sure why the shutdown script no longer works.

I tried to change the password back to default and at that time she shutdown.bat script works fine. So I guess the password has to be changed somewhere else but I just can find where.

Any help would be apreciated.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2010 15:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Virgo shutdown [message #641671 is a reply to message #641667] Fri, 26 November 2010 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Hmmm. Not sure what's going on there, but it certainly sounds like a bug. Please could you raise a bugzilla with steps to reproduce: it seems this can be reproduced without any Windows service in sight.
Re: Eclipse Virgo shutdown [message #643537 is a reply to message #641671] Tue, 07 December 2010 10:15 Go to previous message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Krešimir created Bug 331299
Previous Topic:Manipulating MANIFEST headers while deploying bundles through a PLAN file
Next Topic:Different behaviour when deploying a bundle in a watched repo/pickup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:31:06 GMT 2024