Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Help starting with Plugin development
Help starting with Plugin development [message #640755] Tue, 23 November 2010 02:13
SKK  is currently offline SKK Friend
Hello Everyone,

I need to build a plugin in Eclipse that is somewhat similar to Omondo. Here is a basic description:

1 > My plugin should have a custom editor
2 > Inside the editor, I need to build a table like structure dynamically i.e. I would right click and add a row first, name the row and keep adding columns/rows to it. This is sort of Insert table feature we have in MS Word. The table can grow in rows and columns as the end user needs it.

These are just some of the basic features I need in the plugin. Though they might be simple to many of you, I am having a hard time figuring out how to go about with the implementation and deciding which API would be best suited for this. I have gone through the introduction on how to create a simple plugin, but cannot related if my plugin needs Extension points etc .. Can anyone please help me layout my work ?

Thank you.
Previous Topic:Using a target definition to provision a target platform during pde build
Next Topic:Correct build setup with platform specific cdt fragments / unpacking fragments after installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:08:26 GMT 2024