Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » BUGs - External References .uml files(BUGs on external references from the .uml files)
BUGs - External References .uml files [message #640033] Thu, 18 November 2010 18:09 Go to next message
Bruno Mattos is currently offline Bruno MattosFriend
I encountered some problems when making references to elements of an external model. I open the *. uml, and then select "load resource" feature. Apparently the reference is created, but the file is not marked as modified. Clicking the *. uml changes are lost.

I found another problem: Sometimes when I make changes to the references, these are only updated and propagated when I reopen the Eclipse environment.

I wonder how the community is in relation to support import and reference elements.

(using Papyrus 0.7.0)
Re: BUGs - External References .uml files [message #640710 is a reply to message #640033] Mon, 22 November 2010 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sébastien Gérard is currently offline Sébastien GérardFriend
Hi,

I guess you want to reference external elements from another UML model. In that case, you should use ElementImport or ImportPackage to do it. Both latter concepts are UML concepts.

Best... Sébastien.
Re: BUGs - External References .uml files [message #642347 is a reply to message #640710] Tue, 30 November 2010 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I'm a beginner and still encounter difficulties in import / export.

When I create a ElementImport or PackageImport I can only refer to elements that are within the same model. Any external model is not visible and can not be referenced.

Another strange fact is that when created, a ElementeImport reference his own father model. That way you can navigate infinitely between the Import and the Model.

Appreciate any help.
Re: BUGs - External References .uml files [message #642656 is a reply to message #642347] Thu, 02 December 2010 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi Bruno,

you can use in Papyrus Model explorer (present by default when you select the papyrus perpective) a menu action called "Import Package from file". This can be done on any package in the model, the easiest would be to select the root element of your model.

With this action, you can select a .uml file in the workspace, and select it to import the package you want. Papyrus will create itself the ElementImport and load the required resource.

HTH,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: BUGs - External References .uml files [message #645164 is a reply to message #642656] Wed, 15 December 2010 18:26 Go to previous message
hi, you're helping me a lot. However, I still have a doubt.
Let me describe the situation:
I first create 2 papyrus projects (project1 and Project2).
In Project1 I've got model1, and in model1 I've got Class1.
In Project2 have Model2, in Model2 have Package2, and in Package2 have Class2. Model1 has a PackageImport importing Package2 from project2.
In a diagram of model1, I display Class1 and Class2 (imported).
Through the diagram, create a property to Class2, and this change is not manifested in Model2. (Just have the property in model1)

If I close the enviromment and open it again, the property appears as null in the diagram from model1, and nothing appears in Model2. I can not edit or delete the property.

Analyzing the .di, .notations, and .uml files into workspace, I can not see anywhere the property that I created. I wonder where is the information that makes the editor present the property as null.

I think that i shouldn't be allowed to create the property under these conditions.

thanks for the help,

Bruno.
Previous Topic:How Does org.eclipse.Xtext.gmf.glue works??
Next Topic:Composite Diagram -default Apply Profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:57:22 GMT 2024