Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to obtain the IEObjectDescription from an EObject?(or: How to resolve proxies?)
How to obtain the IEObjectDescription from an EObject? [message #638429] Thu, 11 November 2010 09:51 Go to next message
F. Alexander Njemz is currently offline F. Alexander NjemzFriend
Hi,

is there a way to get the IEObjectDescription if all you have is the EObject?

What I'm trying to do, is to ``typecheck'' files conforming to my grammar. However
there are situations, where the Object of which I want to determine the type is an unresolved proxy.

ECoreUtil2.resolve seems to not work when I pass the EObject of the unresolved proxy to it.

In a different part of my project I'm successfully able to resolve proxies by calling getEObjectOrProxy on the IEObjectDescription and then resolving with ECoreUtils2.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I got to thinking. During validation I probably shouldn't have to deal with unresolved proxies. The scoping needs fixing, I guess. Is this correct?

Kind regards,

Alexander

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2010 10:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to obtain the IEObjectDescription from an EObject? [message #638624 is a reply to message #638429] Thu, 11 November 2010 19:51 Go to previous message
Meinte Boersma is currently offline Meinte BoersmaFriend
@EDIT: that's correct, since scoping drives proxy resolution.

Previous Topic:[XText] how import package in an ecore metamodel using platform url?
Next Topic:XtextEditor + editor input which is not a file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 14:22:04 GMT 2024