Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Problem Starting glassfish server
Problem Starting glassfish server [message #637793] Mon, 08 November 2010 21:37 Go to next message
Bill  is currently offline Bill Friend
I am trying to install glassfish under Eclipse (Helios). Eclipse Downloaded and installed glassfish but when I try start the glassfish server, I get a failure notice "Server GlassFish v3 Prelude at localhost failed to start."

Basic error message "
WARNING: Cannot start JMX connector: JmxConnector config: Port 8686 is not available for the internal rmi registry. "

What am I missing.

server log:

INFO: Started bundle org.glassfish.common.container-common [83]
Nov 8, 2010 4:08:30 PM com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.adapter.AdminConsoleAdapter setStateMsg
INFO: The Admin Console Web Application has been downloaded.
Nov 8, 2010 4:08:30 PM com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup run
INFO: GlassFish v3 Prelude startup time : Felix(2345ms) startup services(618ms) total(2963ms)
Nov 8, 2010 4:08:30 PM org.glassfish.admin.mbeanserver.ConnectorStartupService$Conn ectorsStarterThread run
WARNING: Cannot start JMX connector: JmxConnector config: { name = system, Protocol = rmi_jrmp, Address = 0.0.0.0, Port = 8686, AcceptAll = false, AuthRealmName = admin-realm, SecurityEnabled = false}: java.lang.RuntimeException: Port 8686 is not available for the internal rmi registry. This means that a call was made with the same port, without closing earlier registry instance. This has to do with the system jmx connector configuration in admin-service element of the configuration associated with this instance
Re: Problem Starting glassfish server [message #637824 is a reply to message #637793] Tue, 09 November 2010 04:06 Go to previous message
ludo  is currently offline ludo Friend
"Prelude" ?

This is a very old and early version of the app server. Would be much better if you download a complete glassfish 3.0.1 server and register it.

Recently, we also remove the prelude registration in the Eclipse plugin so you might want to update the GlassFish plugin.
A new one for Helios is at the update Center:
http://download.java.net/glassfish/eclipse/helios
Previous Topic:Alternative dependency sets for a common plug-in hierarchy
Next Topic:Anyone know how to pickup all editor save events?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:20:31 GMT 2024