Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Getting "invalid server's version string" with git+ssh?
Getting "invalid server's version string" with git+ssh? [message #635735] Wed, 27 October 2010 21:43 Go to next message
Andre John Mas is currently offline Andre John MasFriend
I am getting the error "invalid server's version string" when trying to clone a Git repository, using the git+ssh protocol. I am using EGit 0.8.4, a Linux server and a Windows XP desktop. The server supports SSH2.

I suspect that the issue may be to a non-standard location of the GIT installation on the server, causing it not to be found by the clone operation. Does the git+ssh connect via ssh and then implicitly call git at any specific location, or is does it simply expect to find it in the search path?

I don't administer the server, so if something needs to be changed there, I will need to provide the administrator any information needed to make the changes, if it is a change that needs to be done there.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Re: Getting "invalid server's version string" with git+ssh? [message #637511 is a reply to message #635735] Fri, 05 November 2010 23:09 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
I believe EGit doesn't yet support custom locations for git-upload-pack and friends. JGit foresees that but EGit has no way to configure that yet.
Previous Topic:[JGit] Documentation & Examples
Next Topic:is commit normally slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:43:47 GMT 2024