Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » classpath dependancy validator warning for JDBC(unable to connect to JDBC in web project in Helios)
classpath dependancy validator warning for JDBC [message #634497] Fri, 22 October 2010 00:21 Go to next message
Phil Freihofner is currently offline Phil FreihofnerFriend
Hi -

I was referred here by Russell Bateman. I previously had this error in Galileo, and he managed to find a solution. I've since moved to Helios, and am trying to do a similar task (access a database from a JSP page) and the same problem seems to have cropped up. Unfortunately, the "Galileo" solution is not an option in "Helios".

I get the following error warning:
Classpath Dependency Validator Message
Classpath entry
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.jdt.DRIVERLIBRARY/MySQL JDBC Driver
will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may
result.

Previously, with Galileo, I was able to select the project's "Properties>Java EE Module Dependencies". With Helios, the "Java EE Module Dependencies" option does not exist, and I am having trouble trying to determine what the equivalent might be.

I am now using:
Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Helios Release
Build id: 20100617-1415

I am using Tomcat 7.0.2.

The JDBC driver was added to the Build Path via AddLibrary>Connectivity
Driver Definition. The same method of adding this driver code works for
a java project that is NOT a web project.

For now, I'm just accessing the MySQL server on my desktop, and am using localhost.

Many thanks!

Phil Freihofner
Re: classpath dependancy validator warning for JDBC [message #634502 is a reply to message #634497] Fri, 22 October 2010 01:21 Go to previous message
Phil Freihofner is currently offline Phil FreihofnerFriend
I found an answer in message #550535. The "Properties->Deployment Assembly" should be used to add the JDBC. I did the following:

Add->Classpath Container->Connectivity Driver Definition, then selected my JDBC driver. After doing this, the JSP was able to connect to my database and display content via a simple query.

However, the "Classpath Dependency Validator Marker" remains. If anyone has some more knowledge as to how to deal with this, it would be nice to hear from them. But the main point, to connect to the db, has been accomplished.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Providing additional validation filters for XML Validator using an extension-point contribution?
Next Topic:tr/td definition in JSP Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:52:59 GMT 2024