Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » repack existing midlet jar with my modifications
repack existing midlet jar with my modifications [message #633382] Sun, 17 October 2010 09:28 Go to next message
leniviy  is currently offline leniviy Friend
Hi. I have a buggy midlet jar with no sources. I want to decompile some classes with jadClipse, fix the bugs and create a new jar file. There're several problems.

• If I add the original jar file to java build path/libraries, jad fails with this:
    JavaClassFileReadException: can't open input file on `Foo.jar|a.class'

So I have to unpack the jar into the folder "classes" and do "Add Class Folder" instead
  • Now when I have the folder "classes" in my classpath, I want a.class and foo.png from it to end up in the generated jar file. For that I edit build.properties like this:
    DefaultColorPhone.includes=src/HelloWorld.java\
    ,res/icons/hello.png\
    ,classes/a.class\
    ,classes/foo.png\

And click the link "Create package" in the app descriptor Overview tab.
    But no files from the folder "classes" appear in the generated jar file
  • Then I decide to copy the contents of "classes" to the new folder "precompiled" and add this folder to java build path/Source, in build.properties change "classes/" to "precompiled/"
    Now when I generate a jar file, foo.png appears in it, but not a.class

Re: repack existing midlet jar with my modifications [message #633962 is a reply to message #633382] Wed, 20 October 2010 04:45 Go to previous message
Gorkem Ercan is currently offline Gorkem ErcanFriend
Have you tried repacking the contents of the Foo.jar and adding it as a library to the project? Perhaps the previous JavaClassFileReadException may disappear.

I would actually expect the class folders to work.. Need to check.

--
Gorkem
Previous Topic:Is this Newsgroup dead?
Next Topic:CMTK import failed, how to debug MTJ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:54:01 GMT 2024