Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Thread Context Class Loading in Web-Bundles
Thread Context Class Loading in Web-Bundles [message #632613] Wed, 13 October 2010 15:18 Go to next message
Thomas Kratz is currently offline Thomas KratzFriend
HI, I experienced today that the magix of the class loading via the synthetic context doesn't seem to work when I deploy everything as a web bundle. Not a major issue as i could factor out the web layer into a seperate bundle but I wonder if this is intended behaviour.

Have to fix client now as I had to restructure shared bundles. Its a pain with STS and PDE having different strategies on building bundles. But that will have to wait some days.
Re: Thread Context Class Loading in Web-Bundles [message #632619 is a reply to message #632613] Wed, 13 October 2010 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Would you mind sharing the symptoms you are seeing?
Re: Thread Context Class Loading in Web-Bundles [message #632637 is a reply to message #632619] Wed, 13 October 2010 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just added Web ContextPath and a web.xml with a servlet to Manifest and bundle, classloading from hibernate started to fail.
Re: Thread Context Class Loading in Web-Bundles [message #632639 is a reply to message #632637] Wed, 13 October 2010 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Need a bit more info:

1. What version of Virgo are you using?
2. Are you deploying in a scoped plan? (based on you saying synthetic context I would asume so)
3. Can you provide your manifest.mf for your bundle?
4. What kind of exceptions do you see from hibernate?
5. Do you have any libraries in WEB-INF/lib?

With hibernate you need to Import-Bundle in a scoped plan:

i.e. http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentati on-2.1.0.M06-incubation/docs/virgo-programmer-guide/html/ch0 8.html#common-libraries-hibernate

Import-Bundle: com.springsource.org.hibernate;version="[3.2.6.ga,3.2.6.ga]";import-scope:=application

It is a serious issue if scoped plans don't work out of the box.
Re: Thread Context Class Loading in Web-Bundles [message #632740 is a reply to message #632639] Thu, 14 October 2010 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am running on M6 Milestone. Already changed the whole setup so I sadly can't reproduce now. And yes it was a scoped plan with no libs under web-inf/lib. although I guessed the import scope application was mentioned to make it vivisble to other application bundles. I only have two bundles that both import the hibernate bundle. But I have to say that I was strange errors that seemed to be caused by sts tooling failing to properly deploy the plan. I had to clear the stage directory manually often.
Re: Thread Context Class Loading in Web-Bundles [message #632751 is a reply to message #632740] Thu, 14 October 2010 07:27 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Perhaps if you see this behaviour again, you might try to capture a testcase and raise a bug. Glad you are making progress again though.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Virgo: the ideal OSGi server runtime?
Next Topic:can't import groovy-all bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:38:05 GMT 2024