Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Integrate Xtext with SWT(How can I integrate Xtext with SWT)
icon5.gif  Integrate Xtext with SWT [message #632251] Tue, 12 October 2010 09:52 Go to next message
Maria is currently offline MariaFriend
Hi,

What is the mean to integrate Xtext in SWT?
Should we write a specific class in one of the threee projects created of Xtext?
have you a documentation or an answer please? Rolling Eyes

Thanks,
Re: Integrate Xtext with SWT [message #632346 is a reply to message #632251] Tue, 12 October 2010 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Hi Maria,

I don't understand your question. To what are you referring to? If it is pointing to another post please make a link to it.

Regards,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: Integrate Xtext with SWT [message #632527 is a reply to message #632346] Wed, 13 October 2010 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Karsten,

I have a graphical Interface in SWT and I want to control some values introduced within my interface by using Xtext.
How can I do this?

Is it more clear for you?

Thanks,
Re: Integrate Xtext with SWT [message #632531 is a reply to message #632527] Wed, 13 October 2010 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meinte Boersma is currently offline Meinte BoersmaFriend
Ah, so you want to use an Xtext(-generated) editor for the implementation of certain input fields inside an SWT interface.

It's not the exact, but http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/xtext-forms-integ ration/ (not made by me, I just happened to bookmark the link) might be helpful: it's an RCP application which integrates an Xtext(-generated) editor with Eclipse UI forms, so it should already be quite close to what you're aiming at.

Re: Integrate Xtext with SWT [message #632604 is a reply to message #632531] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Karsten,

In your link i don't find the how to do? I just find the "what it looks like" and even in the Source Code there's no indication about the use of xtext.

Regards,
Meria
Re: Integrate Xtext with SWT [message #632610 is a reply to message #632604] Wed, 13 October 2010 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The sources have 2 Xtext languages (the standard examples shipped with Xtext 1.0.x) in them, and the other projects use the languages. You'd have to inspect the RCP project to see how those languages are tied into the RCP application's functionality.

Re: Integrate Xtext with SWT [message #632828 is a reply to message #632610] Thu, 14 October 2010 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you,
But it is still not clear for me Sad
I am still a beginner in xtext and in swt. Have you a clear tutorial please?
Re: Integrate Xtext with SWT [message #638220 is a reply to message #632828] Wed, 10 November 2010 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani is currently offline DaniFriend
Hello Maria,
I am in same situation as you are have you got any idea about the issue?

/Jaguar
Re: Integrate Xtext with SWT [message #638335 is a reply to message #638220] Wed, 10 November 2010 21:33 Go to previous message
Jaguar, Maria,

There is no tutorial for this and in general, most stuff of this sort doesn't come with a tutorial explaining all the gory stuff. (In fact, most of the time you should be glad there's any useful documentation. (Although for people whose browsers/PDF-readers seem to have broken find functionality, probably even documentation isn't good enough.))

There is only one solution and it's not waiting for someone else to write a tutorial: you just have to dig into the code, try to understand and wrap your head around the code, its organization and its concepts and ideas. Using the debugger is mightily handy to. Just don't expect people to write tutorials on everything at the drop of a hat.

Previous Topic:Load classes in user project
Next Topic:Unassigned rule call...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:08:31 GMT 2024