Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Import model libraries and external profiles?(Import model libraries and external profiles?)
Import model libraries and external profiles? [message #631508] Thu, 07 October 2010 19:00 Go to next message
Bob Fields is currently offline Bob FieldsFriend
The very first two things I tried to do in Papyrus I couldn't do without manually editing the xmi.

I wanted to import an existing model library (i.e. JavaPrimitiveTypes) into a new model, there's no context menu item or dialog, or help on that topic. I'm used to Rational Software Modeler (context menu -> Import Model Library). I can create a new Papyrus model with the UMLPrimitiveTypes imported (standard model template) but that's it.

I also wanted to import an existing profile from the file system (profile does not exist in the workspace). We use maven and source control to update our profiles, and want to reference them in the model by pathmap, something like pathmap://M2_REPO/profileLocation. I can only import profiles that have been deployed to Eclipse or that exist in the workspace. I would want to select a profile from the file system and have Papyrus recognize that the directory location corresponds to an existing PATHMAP value (in preferences) and use that pathmap variable.
Re: Import model libraries and external profiles? [message #631599 is a reply to message #631508] Fri, 08 October 2010 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
The import fucntionality has been done only few days Very Happy So I will be ok for the next release.

You idea of a pathmap for repository of profile or model is really interesting. I will discuss with my collegues in order to create a task.

Patrick
Re: Import model libraries and external profiles? [message #631610 is a reply to message #631508] Fri, 08 October 2010 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
I have added a task thanks to remarks:

327307: [Papyrus preferences] add a model repository pathmap in the preference
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=327307
Re: Import model libraries and external profiles? [message #640626 is a reply to message #631610] Mon, 22 November 2010 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrea Sindico is currently offline Andrea SindicoFriend

Sorry Patrick,
Do you mean is it not possible to relate two different models (I mean papyrus model not diagrams).
In this case are you sure it will be added in the next release? When will it be available?

I apologize for these questions but I am wondering about the possibility to adopt Papyrus for a quite big project and I may need to justify this choice with my collegues or at least provide reasonable explanation for those features which are not available.

Thank you in advance

Andrea
Re: Import model libraries and external profiles? [message #642657 is a reply to message #640626] Thu, 02 December 2010 08:46 Go to previous message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi Andrea,

Yes, it will be added in next release, which should be in 2-3 weeks. It is already available in the nightly builds of Papyrus.

Regards
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Bug in drop comment?
Next Topic:Problem with Papyrus sources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:05:48 GMT 2024