Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Handling with UML model and diagram
Handling with UML model and diagram [message #631397] Thu, 07 October 2010 12:31 Go to next message
Tom Brandenburg is currently offline Tom BrandenburgFriend
Hello All,

currently I am working with an UML model (*.uml) and the UML 2.1 class diagram (*.umlclass) as parts of Eclipse EMF. I want to design a simple relationship.
There are two classes where each of them is contained in a separate package. Class 1 realizes an interface, Class 2 uses the same interface. The interface lays out of both packages.
My questions:
1) Why is the "interface realization" relation a child of Class 1, where the "interface dependency" or "usage" is a child of the parent package? Shouldn't it also be a child of Class 2?
2) Why are the relations not visible in the UML diagram? Only if the classes are out of the package, the relations are visible. Since they aren't visible I can not even create any relationship in the diagram.
3) How can I create different views of the same UML model? For example the one class diagram shows all classes and their relations and another one only a subset of it?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Tom
Re: Handling with UML model and diagram [message #631418 is a reply to message #631397] Thu, 07 October 2010 13:40 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Tom,

It's more likely that you meet the UML experts in the MDT or UML2 newsgroups.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 07.10.2010 14:31, schrieb Tom Brandenburg:
> Hello All,
>
> currently I am working with an UML model (*.uml) and the UML 2.1 class diagram (*.umlclass) as parts of Eclipse EMF. I want to design a simple relationship.
> There are two classes where each of them is contained in a separate package. Class 1 realizes an interface, Class 2 uses the same interface. The interface lays out of both packages.
> My questions:
> 1) Why is the "interface realization" relation a child of Class 1, where the "interface dependency" or "usage" is a child of the parent package? Shouldn't it also be a child of Class 2?
> 2) Why are the relations not visible in the UML diagram? Only if the classes are out of the package, the relations are visible. Since they aren't visible I can not even create any relationship in the diagram.
> 3) How can I create different views of the same UML model? For example the one class diagram shows all classes and their relations and another one only a subset of it?
>
> Thanks in advance and best regards
> Tom

Previous Topic:[CDO]Are derived features supported ?
Next Topic:xText Project Extension Points
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:32:03 GMT 2024