Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » EPF Composer 1.5.1 issue(Missing menu item)
EPF Composer 1.5.1 issue [message #631308] Wed, 06 October 2010 23:13 Go to next message
Allen Porter is currently offline Allen PorterFriend
The Help menu for EPF Composer 1.5.1 does not contain a 'Software Updates' selection like previous EPF versions. Has this capability been moved somewhere else that I have not been able to find or was it deleted (accidentally or on purpose)? I'm trying to figure out if this should be reported as a bug or not.

The missing menu selection makes it difficult to install the SCM Adaptor for ClearCase plug-in which is needed to connect to ClearCase.

Thanks,
Allen
Re: EPF Composer 1.5.1 issue [message #639445 is a reply to message #631308] Tue, 16 November 2010 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ray Stone is currently offline Ray StoneFriend
I'm having the same problem, I cannot load our repository from Subversion. Any ideas?
Re: EPF Composer 1.5.1 issue [message #639822 is a reply to message #631308] Wed, 17 November 2010 23:16 Go to previous message
Allen Porter is currently offline Allen PorterFriend
The Help Menu appears to have left off the 'Software Updates' selection by accident. After some research, it appears that the functionality is still available, but a work around must be used to access it. The work around consists of the following steps:

• Go to the Windows Menu and select 'Preferences'
• Under 'General' select 'Keys'
• This screen allows you to map key strokes to commands. Scroll down to find the command 'Manage Configuration' and map some key strokes to it by highlighting the command and choosing a Binding. I used Shift + Tab. Select 'Apply' and 'OK'.

This particular work around maps the missing menu item to the Shift + Tab key combination. Entering this key combination will then bring up the Product Configuration screen which will allow you to choose 'Add an Extension Location' for entering the ClearCase SCM Adaptor's location.
Previous Topic:Entry-/Exit Criterias
Next Topic:EPF Composer and eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:58:39 GMT 2024