Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Upgrade of Buckminster tooling results in "org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found "
Upgrade of Buckminster tooling results in "org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found " [message #631253] Wed, 06 October 2010 17:12 Go to next message
Stephan  is currently offline Stephan Friend
Hi

So far, we built our applications inside Hudson with Buckminster headless tooling 3.5 against a target platform based on Helios Service Release 1 (3.6.1). Now we wanted to upgrade the tooling to 3.6.1 but have now a problem with all applications that use org.eclipse.rcp:

ERROR [0003] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap file:/var/lib/hudson/jobs/CCTVnetAdmin/workspace/trunk/com.d iligentit.cctvnet.admin.build/site.rmap
ERROR [0003] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath resources
ERROR [0003] : Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider local( file:////var/lib/hudson/jobs/CCTVnetAdmin/workspace/trunk/or g.eclipse.rcp/): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature
ERROR Provider local( file:////var/lib/hudson/jobs/CCTVnetAdmin/workspace/trunk/or g.eclipse.rcp/): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature

The target platform should contain the feature o.e.rcp because
1) it works with tooling 3.5
2) it works when we activate the target platform in our IDE and start a build manually with "Invoke action".

The debug output looks as follows:
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using resolver Local resolver
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(materialized)
No materialization found for org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(workspace)
No open workspace project found that corresponds to org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(target)
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider eclipse.platform(feature/org.eclipse.rcp): No component match was found
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using resource map file:/var/lib/hudson/jobs/CCTVnetWorkplace/workspace/trunk/c om.diligentit.cctvnet.workplace.build/site.rmap
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using search path resources
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(file:///{0}/trunk/{1}/[ file:////var/lib/hudson/jobs/CCTVnetWorkplace/workspace/trun k/org.eclipse.rcp/])
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Found match
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using provider local(file:///{0}/trunk/{1}/[ file:////var/lib/hudson/jobs/CCTVnetWorkplace/workspace/trun k/org.eclipse.rcp/])
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider local( file:////var/lib/hudson/jobs/CCTVnetWorkplace/workspace/trun k/org.eclipse.rcp/): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: No provider was found that could resolve the request

Other (server) applications that don't include o.e.rcp build without problems even with the new tooling.

Questions:
Is there a way to list the contents of the active target platform with a Buckminster command?
What has changed in the resolution process from 3.5 to 3.6 that I have to adjust?

Regards, Stephan
Re: Upgrade of Buckminster tooling results in "org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found " [message #633553 is a reply to message #631253] Mon, 18 October 2010 11:45 Go to previous message
Stephan  is currently offline Stephan Friend
For everyone having a similar problem:

I changed the provisioning of my target platform according to the tutorial:
http://nirmalsasidharan.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/provisionin g-your-target-platform-as-local-p2-site/

This did not work in the first attempt because...
- the resulting p2 repository does not contain a feature and thus, it was not possible to create a target definition with a "Software Site" pointing to this local repository (error message like "no items available")
- the feature information from the target platform are lost in the p2 repository and thus Buckminster cannot resolve them in my headless build (where I include features, not plugins)

After I changed my target platform feature to include all features (instead of all plugins) the build was successful even with the new Buckminster tooling ;o)

Cheers, Stephan
Previous Topic:site.p2 task does not create native launcher
Next Topic:Buckminster builds don't include linked resources
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:53:32 GMT 2024