Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » save&load two packages in one file
save&load two packages in one file [message #630972] Tue, 05 October 2010 16:49 Go to next message
Martin Jacob is currently offline Martin JacobFriend
Messages: 185
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I have a plugin (A) using emf and it should provide an extension point using a Interface from a own
generated class extending EObject. Other plugins (B, C, ...) should provide a class implementing the
interface (also as emf model) and providing a GUI to edit the properties.

How can I create objects from plugin C and handle it within emf in plugin A? And how can I save all
in one xml-file and read it later on?

I am quite new to emf and would be happy about any hints.

Thanks, Martin
Re: save&load two packages in one file [message #630991 is a reply to message #630972] Tue, 05 October 2010 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30546
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Martin,

Comments below.

Martin Jacob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a plugin (A) using emf and it should provide an extension point
> using a Interface from a own generated class extending EObject. Other
> plugins (B, C, ...) should provide a class implementing the interface
> (also as emf model) and providing a GUI to edit the properties.
>
> How can I create objects from plugin C and handle it within emf in
> plugin A? And how can I save all in one xml-file and read it later on?
This sounds a bit like:
http://ed-merks.blogspot.com/2008/01/creating-children-you-d idnt-know.html

>
> I am quite new to emf and would be happy about any hints.
>
> Thanks, Martin
Re: save&load two packages in one file [message #631102 is a reply to message #630991] Wed, 06 October 2010 07:50 Go to previous message
Martin Jacob is currently offline Martin JacobFriend
Messages: 185
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Ed,

thank you very much! It works very well, in a different way than I thought but it does what I want!

Here some hints for others according to the example from the link below:
* while creating the Link.genmodel make sure to add the "referenced generator model"
(Resource.genmodel) in the "Package Selection" page and NOT to select the package "Resource"
* generate only the model and edit code of the Link package

Martin


Ed Merks wrote, On 05.10.2010 20:47:
> Martin,
>
> Comments below.
>
> Martin Jacob wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a plugin (A) using emf and it should provide an extension point using a Interface from a
>> own generated class extending EObject. Other plugins (B, C, ...) should provide a class
>> implementing the interface (also as emf model) and providing a GUI to edit the properties.
>>
>> How can I create objects from plugin C and handle it within emf in plugin A? And how can I save
>> all in one xml-file and read it later on?
> This sounds a bit like: http://ed-merks.blogspot.com/2008/01/creating-children-you-d idnt-know.html
>
>>
>> I am quite new to emf and would be happy about any hints.
>>
>> Thanks, Martin
Previous Topic:[GWT] How to load existing resources..
Next Topic:Questions about EOperations
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Oct 16 13:11:09 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02285 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top