Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » gmf as rcp : the common navigator introduces bugs(the xml file is no longer synchronized with the diagram file)
gmf as rcp : the common navigator introduces bugs [message #630218] Fri, 01 October 2010 08:18 Go to next message
emil salageanu is currently offline emil salageanuFriend
Hello all,

I have been working for several days on transforming my plugin-based gmf application in an RCP stand-alone application.
I post this message hoping that someone already implemented a gmf rcp application with user workspace.

Here's my problem - one of them Smile :

I first added a workbench starter window in order to let the user choose the workspace. After a little debugging and workaround I managed to make it work.
I added a project explorer for the workbench. I generated the navigator code from gmfgen file, then I used the information in this blog (http://www.cpuidle.de/blog/?p=48) to make it work.
As the concrete implementation of the navigator I tried org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigator and org.eclipse.ui.navigator.ProjectExplorer. I have the same bugs in both cases:

- (Main issue): when I create a diagram inside a project in the workspace the diagram and xml files are initiated correctly. But when I modify the diagram, the xml file is no longer modified. Which leads to an inconsistent state between the 2 files.
- at workbench startup the navigator is empty, it refreshes itself when the user click on it.
- the same diagram will be opened several times if double-clicking on it several times in the navigator.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 October 2010 08:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: gmf as rcp : the common navigator introduces bugs [message #630606 is a reply to message #630218] Mon, 04 October 2010 11:22 Go to previous message
emil salageanu is currently offline emil salageanuFriend
Quote:

(Main issue): when I create a diagram inside a project in the workspace the diagram and xml files are initiated correctly. But when I modify the diagram, the xml file is no longer modified. Which leads to an inconsistent state between the 2 files.

This happens because, when double clicking on a diagram file in the common navigator view, for some reason, the input given to the xxxDiagramEditor is of type FileEditorInput instead of URIEditorInput.

This code, added in the XXXDiagramDocumentEditor class solves the problem:

/**
	 * when opening a diagram from the common navigator view the given input has wron type. need to convert 
	 */
	public void doSetInput(IEditorInput input, boolean releaseEditorContents) throws CoreException {
		if (input instanceof FileEditorInput)
		{
			FileEditorInput fei = (FileEditorInput)input;
			fei.getURI();

URI uri = URI.createURI(fei.getURI().toString());
			input = new URIEditorInput(uri);
		}
		super.doSetInput (input, releaseEditorContents);
	}

Quote:

- at workbench startup the navigator is empty, it refreshes itself when the user click on it.
- the same diagram will be opened several times if double-clicking on it several times in the navigator.

See this thread for solution:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=197671& amp;start=0&S=ebae5d393753690ada5daa9c39726d98
Previous Topic:Hide/Unhide a node
Next Topic:Extend Component editpart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:25:29 GMT 2024