Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [JET] Cross Model Association Lost
icon9.gif  [JET] Cross Model Association Lost [message #630077] Thu, 30 September 2010 15:07 Go to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi,
I have 2 classes (A and B) and 2 models (X and Y). There is one class in each model (A in X and B in Y). Class B owns a directed composition relationship to Class A. This means A composes B but B actually owns the relationship. My model is UML2.

I am using Jet to transform Class A to Java. This code should contain an attribute representing the composition relationship to B. However, JET does not seem to realise this association exists as the classes are in different models and the relationship is from B to A. If I check the relationship using OCL in Eclipse or RSA by running self.getRelationships() on A I can see the relationships as expected. Using JET and an equivalent oclEvaluate($class,\"self.getRelationships()\") I do not get the relationship returned.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ronan

[Updated on: Thu, 30 September 2010 15:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [JET] Cross Model Association Lost [message #631490 is a reply to message #630077] Thu, 07 October 2010 17:05 Go to previous message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Unfortunately this seems to be a JET issue that cannot be resolved directly. To get the transformation working I put links to the contents of models X and Y into a new model Z. X and Y are now UML2 model fragments akin to .efx models in IBM RSA. The transform works once this has been done.
Ronan
Previous Topic:<XPAND> collaboration diagram
Next Topic:[Acceleo] Use of template result in Sequence of String
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:44:52 GMT 2024