Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to manage multiple sub-projects within a project?
How to manage multiple sub-projects within a project? [message #630059] Thu, 30 September 2010 14:20
JK is currently offline JKFriend
This is the scenario. I have to check out a project from SVN. The project is divided into 3 subprojects as follows:

subproj1, 2 and 3.

In the SVN repository, it is stored as:
projectname/trunk/subproject1
projectname/trunk/subproject2
projectname/trunk/subproject3

3 teams work on each of the subproject but each subproject references code from the others.

Each subproject has its java source code in a different directory structure. For e.g one has it under
subproj1/components/src/java/com/company

while another has it under
subproj2/src/com/company/

and so on for the other one as well.

I am in a position where I have to view/modify code in each of the subprojects.

Should I create a new project for each of the subprojects (with the repository URL as http://..../projectname/trunk/subprojectX ?

If I do this, in order for the classes in one subproject referring to classes in the other - would I have any issues?

Or should I just create one project (URL as http://.../projectname/)? I have done this and added each of the source files directory to the path.. frequently there are problems when I do searching (not all files seem to get searched) or sometimes the referenced class shows as 'could not find class' even though it is the classpath (from another subproject). I might have made some setup mistakes which is why probably this approach gave me problems. I haven't tried the other approach at all.

Which one is advisable?
Previous Topic:Problem with hover in debug perspective?
Next Topic:Debugger "Drop to frame" just above native methods.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:12:50 GMT 2024