Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » BPEL Designer » BPEL files are not validated(Validator doesn't do anything)
BPEL files are not validated [message #628794] Fri, 24 September 2010 07:53 Go to next message
Christoph is currently offline ChristophFriend
I use Eclipse 3.5 and run the BPEL designer within a runtime workbench (I checked out the sources from CVS). I created some "test cases" in the runtime workbench (BPEL files that violate certain SA rules from the WS-BPEL specification). My own validator (I work on an OCL-based validator that validates model changes ad hoc) recognizes the respective violations and reports the problems, but the built-in validator from the BPEL project does nothing.
I already started the runtime workbench without my validator to check whether it conflicts with the built-in or superposes it, but that seems not to be the case. The built-in validator just does not anything.

I read the BPEL validator page and understand how it should work.

I suppose that this is rather a specific problem with my Eclipse installation than a bug - so what should I look for?
Re: BPEL files are not validated [message #629257 is a reply to message #628794] Mon, 27 September 2010 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Cristoph,

I think the issue is that the validator is not run unless one of the resources in the project are changed, even if you have "Project/Build Automatically" enabled - is this what you're seeing too? I'm also seeing that projects are not built (validated) automatically when the workbench is started regardless of whether Preferences/Startup/Refresh Workspace is checked, or Project/Build Automatically is checked.

Try opening a *.bpel resource, make an insignificant change maybe in the source view, and save it - you should see the validator being run by the eclipse builder framework (make sure you have "Project/Build Automatically" checked).

Can you please submit a bug to track this?
Thanks!

Bob
Re: BPEL files are not validated [message #630030 is a reply to message #629257] Thu, 30 September 2010 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brodt wrote on Mon, 27 September 2010 11:38
Hi Cristoph,
Try opening a *.bpel resource, make an insignificant change maybe in the source view, and save it - you should see the validator being run by the eclipse builder framework (make sure you have "Project/Build Automatically" checked).
Bob

This is exactly what I do, but it doesn't help. I do not assume that this is a general bug in the validator, since it's too obvious and surely would have been detected in the tests. So I guess it's a problem especially with my installation. The crucial question is where I should begin to debug.
Re: BPEL files are not validated [message #630156 is a reply to message #630030] Thu, 30 September 2010 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

I get it now Smile

You probably did not create the project using the "New BPEL Project" wizard, right? This adds the BPEL validator as a builder (which then calls the validator). Check your .project file to see if it has this:

<buildCommand>
<name>org.eclipse.bpel.validator.builder</name>
<arguments>
<dictionary>
<key>debug</key>
<value>false</value>
</dictionary>
</arguments>
</buildCommand>

If not, you can just add the "BPEL 2.0 Facet" and the "BPEL Validator (Builder)" to your project using the Project Properties wizard.
Re: BPEL files are not validated [message #630228 is a reply to message #630156] Fri, 01 October 2010 09:12 Go to previous message
You're always a great help. Thank you.
Previous Topic:How to obtain the runtime element of an bpel:import target
Next Topic:Problem creating a BPEL process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:27:35 GMT 2024