Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Required Plug-Ins not found(Required Plug-Ins not found)
Required Plug-Ins not found [message #628356] Thu, 23 September 2010 11:59 Go to next message
Thomas Mauch is currently offline Thomas MauchFriend
I developed a Checkstyle extension rule as plug-in and checked the project source in using SVN.

On another machine, I checked the project out and tried to build the plug-in but it failed.
Analysis showed that Eclipse was not able to find the required plug-ins like net.sf.ecipsecs.checkstyle etc. even if Checkstyle is installed.

But if I clicked Add... in the Required Plug-ins section, nearly no plug-ins showed up (so if I typed org.eclipse only 4 entries were shown).

I then noticed that also all my other plug-in projects could not be built anymore on this machine.

So I thought that somehow my Eclipse installation got screwed up and decided to upgrade to Helios.

But when I opened the workspace with Helios, I still was not able to build the plugin. So it seems that the problem is not related to the Eclipse installation, but somehow to the workspace.

I theen tried
- rebuild the whole workspace
- start Eclipse with -clean
- delete directory.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources
but nothing helped.

When I however create a new empty workspace and import the project, everything works fine.

So the question is: Where in the workspace could the invalid data be stored? Can it somehow be fixed?

Any help appreciated
Thomas
Re: Required Plug-Ins not found [message #628645 is a reply to message #628356] Thu, 23 September 2010 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
You should check that your target platform still contains the correct bundles. Preferences > PDE > Target Platform. You can press the restore defaults button to get a target platform that points to your running Eclipse.
Re: Required Plug-Ins not found [message #628698 is a reply to message #628645] Thu, 23 September 2010 17:42 Go to previous message
Thomas Mauch is currently offline Thomas MauchFriend
That was exactly the problem!
I once tried out a RAP example and obviously this installed a target platform "RAP" which now was active.

Thanks a lot,
Thomas
Previous Topic:Font of editor
Next Topic:Application-specific event notification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:49:26 GMT 2024