Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Bind the editor to a specific filename without an extension
Bind the editor to a specific filename without an extension [message #628017] Thu, 23 September 2010 08:41 Go to next message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
Hello,

Is it possible to bind a editor in RCP to a specific filename without an extension.

I know there is some content type association, but do not have a clear picture as to how it works ?

Could anyone please share some information/snippet regarding this ?

Thanks,
Murthy
Re: Bind the editor to a specific filename without an extension [message #628640 is a reply to message #628017] Thu, 23 September 2010 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eshvar60  is currently offline eshvar60 Friend
I think you have to define a matchingStrategy for your editor. Go into your editor extension point in the plugin.xml and click on the matchingStrategy link to create a new class that implements IEditorMatchingStrategy.

This Interface has one method called match(IEditorReference, IEditorInput) which returns true or false based on your algorithm.
Re: Bind the editor to a specific filename without an extension [message #629461 is a reply to message #628640] Tue, 28 September 2010 11:46 Go to previous message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
Thanks for the suggestion.... I got it working using a content type and the filename property of the editor
Previous Topic:Standalone view placeholder - improper layout?
Next Topic:Issue with Coolbar packing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:23:50 GMT 2024