Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Profiler parsing jvm args problem
Profiler parsing jvm args problem [message #626676] Wed, 22 September 2010 16:38 Go to next message
duncan child is currently offline duncan childFriend
I have an application that has a long jvm argument of approx 3500 characters.

I can start the app with the Eclipse "Run" action and this argument is parsed correctly.

But the "Profiler" action truncates the argument and appends the next argument on the end.

Seems like this might be a bug?

Thanks,

Duncan

Re: Profiler parsing jvm args problem [message #628699 is a reply to message #626676] Thu, 23 September 2010 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duncan child is currently offline duncan childFriend
I should have mentioned that I am executing the app as an OSGI Framework.

Another difference between starting my application in the Run Configuration versus the Profile Configuration is that ${workspace_loc} is not expanded.

I had presumed that if it works in the Run Configuration it would just magically work in the Profile Configuration.

I got around the truncated arguments by changing the app to do something more reasonable and hardcoding paths gets around the ${workspace_loc} issue. So I am not blocked just confused about how this should work.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Duncan
Re: Profiler parsing jvm args problem [message #630137 is a reply to message #628699] Thu, 30 September 2010 18:12 Go to previous message
Jonathan West is currently offline Jonathan WestFriend
Hi Duncan, thanks for posting the issues you saw... Would you be to open a bug for this issue? If you assign it to TPTP Profiling in bugzilla we will find the correct place for it. Thanks!
Previous Topic:TPTP 4.7.1 is released!
Next Topic:TPTP Beginner: Profiling crashes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:23:41 GMT 2024