Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » in standalone help system,Search don't work for me
in standalone help system,Search don't work for me [message #624168] Tue, 08 June 2010 06:18 Go to next message
Neda  is currently offline Neda Friend
Hello everybody,\
recently I have implemented an standalone help for my purpose. I change the language of the content into Arabic,but when I browse the HelpSystem and search for a content, nothing found ! I change the charset of pages to UTF-8 . But nothing changed.
another problem is about the Header of Hel pages,where the search box shown there,I don't know where can I change the word " SEARCH " to my term in arabic...
Thanks in advance
Re: in standalone help system,Search don't work for me [message #624181 is a reply to message #624168] Fri, 18 June 2010 17:41 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
You may need to force the search index to get rebuilt for your documentation plug-ins. The search index is built the first time a search is performed and after that only when the version of a plug-in changes, so if you change the contents without bumping the version number you will not see the new entries.

I don't know if this is what is happening to you but the first thing I would try is to increase the plugin version and restart help.

When you say the "Search" label is not translated I am guessing that every other label is translated. In that case there is a missing resource in the language pack, I have heard of this problem before - see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=303804 for more details. I don't know if a newer language pack is available, if not you will need to edit the translations in /org.eclipse.help.webapp/src/org/eclipse/help/internal/webap p/WebappResources.properties in your language pack so you have translations for the three resources below:

search=Search Results
Search=&Search:
SearchLabel=&Search:
Previous Topic:Infocenter -- what URL will load the infocenter and run a search immediately?
Next Topic:mathml in Infocenter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:34:05 GMT 2024