Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [doc2model] Proposal
[doc2model] Proposal [message #621512] Fri, 23 October 2009 07:43 Go to next message
Mark Hoffmann is currently offline Mark HoffmannFriend
Hi,

I am very interested in such a project.

I started playing with a simple DocBook model to transform it into the Apache FOP intermediate format.
My intention is to create print preview for SWT in Eclipse. I want to use DocBook as layout definition, fill it with data, transform it into the intermediate format for the preview and finally transform it to PDF for export or send it directly to the printer.

This project could ease the workflow.

I am newbie in EMF. But I you need help, just contact me.

Mark
Re: [doc2model] Proposal [message #621513 is a reply to message #621512] Fri, 23 October 2009 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hi
i don't really see how the project can help you in your case but it's good to know you are interested in ;)

Currently the doc2model proposal waits for commiters agreement and the first code contribution will be available one/two weeks after approbation.

This time will be necessary to adapt code for eclipse convention and for some architecture cleaning.

So until the first commits i think i can't really help you for your problem. Except if you want to talk about project focus or what is possible to do

Re: [doc2model] Proposal [message #621514 is a reply to message #621513] Fri, 23 October 2009 11:16 Go to previous message
Mark Hoffmann is currently offline Mark HoffmannFriend
Hi,

an idea of mine was to create a common print framework for Eclipse, especially the Eclipse RCP. Including the graphical creation of print layouts, print preview and document exports for the different data models.

Mark
Previous Topic:[doc2model] Proposal
Next Topic:Re: ecorediag missing classes in packages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:03:38 GMT 2024