Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » Customize Composite Key Names
Customize Composite Key Names [message #617680] Thu, 12 November 2009 15:31 Go to next message
Dan  is currently offline Dan Friend
When using the 'generate entities from tables' wizard, you can customize the name, datatype, update, insertable, etc. fields for a normal column and for a non-composite primary key. However, individual columns in a composite key may not be customized. Is there a particular reason for this functionality being removed? I would find it handy to be able to at least customize the name of a java property for a composite key.

I'm using Dali 2.2.1. I wrote up a quick hack to allow fields in a composite key to be displayed (code generation worked as expected), but wanted to post in the forums for feedback before I submitted a bug & patch.

Thanks,
Dan
Re: Customize Composite Key Names [message #617682 is a reply to message #617680] Fri, 13 November 2009 22:04 Go to previous message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
Dan,

Definitely go ahead and file the bug and post the patch to it. I don't think this functionality was purposefully excluded from the wizard.

Thanks,
Neil
Previous Topic:Extensibility of GenerateEntityWizard and GenerateEntityFromShemaWizard
Next Topic:resync Tables to Entities?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:13:38 GMT 2024