Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » Custom GEF edit part questions
Custom GEF edit part questions [message #613744] Wed, 09 August 2006 16:42
Tami Takamiya is currently offline Tami TakamiyaFriend
Hello,

I have questions on the custom GEF edit part.

We have our own Composite class. In runtime, it will contain some visual information to display, but in JVE, it is displayed as a
blank square.

So we decided to write a custom GEF edit part and show a string property of our own Composite as a Label. I could write the code by
looking at the "VE Rules" example in "Extending The Visual Editor Tutorial". It worked, but I found two problems:

1. When the string property is very long, the string on the Label is truncated. From users' perspective, the Composite should
become bigger if the string property is very long. In the createFigure() method of my custom GEF edit part, I could get the
preferred size of the label. I guess we should use the size for layout, but do not know how.

2. The label is not changed when the string property is updated either on Java source code or on Property sheet. I may need to use
a kind of listener, but could not find examples.

Still on a steep learning curve... Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you.

Tami
Previous Topic:Custom cell editor
Next Topic:It is possible to develop visual classes that are descendants from my base classes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:24:23 GMT 2024