Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Displaying classes
Displaying classes [message #61950] Mon, 03 December 2007 08:19 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: news_post.jimmo.com

Hello,

I installed pdt-all-in-one-1.0-R20070917 and loaded a PHP containing all of
my classes. In the left column of the IDE is there is a tab "PHP Project
Outline". It contains the entries Constants, Classes, Functions. Clicking
on them does nothing. I googled some references to the IDE and the way I
understand it is that these should show you the Constants, Classes, and
Functions in the current file. If not, what is the purpose of this? If so,
what do I need to do to active this functionality? Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Jim Mohr
Re: Displaying classes [message #61977 is a reply to message #61950] Mon, 03 December 2007 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: news_post.jimmo.com

James Mohr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed pdt-all-in-one-1.0-R20070917 and loaded a PHP containing all
> of my classes. In the left column of the IDE is there is a tab "PHP
> Project Outline". It contains the entries Constants, Classes, Functions.
> Clicking on them does nothing. I googled some references to the IDE and
> the way I understand it is that these should show you the Constants,
> Classes, and Functions in the current file. If not, what is the purpose of
> this? If so, what do I need to do to active this functionality? Thanks for
> any help.

If I copy the file in question to a different location and open it with
File->Open File, then I can navigate the classes. However. if I open the
file from the list of files in project the three entries are dead.
Re: Displaying classes [message #62044 is a reply to message #61950] Wed, 05 December 2007 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dserodio.gmail.com

James Mohr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed pdt-all-in-one-1.0-R20070917 and loaded a PHP containing all of
> my classes. In the left column of the IDE is there is a tab "PHP Project
> Outline". It contains the entries Constants, Classes, Functions. Clicking
> on them does nothing. I googled some references to the IDE and the way I
> understand it is that these should show you the Constants, Classes, and
> Functions in the current file. If not, what is the purpose of this? If so,
> what do I need to do to active this functionality? Thanks for any help.

What do you mean by "loaded a PHP"? Did you create a PHP Project? Are
your files contained in this project?

Regards,
Daniel Serodio
Re: Displaying classes [message #62114 is a reply to message #62044] Wed, 05 December 2007 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: news_post.jimmo.com

Daniel Serodio wrote:

> James Mohr wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I installed pdt-all-in-one-1.0-R20070917 and loaded a PHP containing all
>> of my classes. In the left column of the IDE is there is a tab "PHP
>> Project Outline". It contains the entries Constants, Classes, Functions.
>> Clicking on them does nothing. I googled some references to the IDE and
>> the way I understand it is that these should show you the Constants,
>> Classes, and Functions in the current file. If not, what is the purpose
>> of this? If so, what do I need to do to active this functionality? Thanks
>> for any help.
>
> What do you mean by "loaded a PHP"? Did you create a PHP Project? Are
> your files contained in this project?

Oops. I loaded a PHP file containing all of my classes.
Re: Displaying classes [message #62162 is a reply to message #62114] Wed, 05 December 2007 23:45 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

>> What do you mean by "loaded a PHP"? Did you create a PHP Project? Are
>> your files contained in this project?
>
> Oops. I loaded a PHP file containing all of my classes.
>

As was stated earlier. Make sure you have your classes in a PHP Project.
You can create a PHP Project by going to File->New->Project, select
the PHP Category, and select the PHP Project. Follow the wizard from
there.

Once the Project is created, make sure you copy all your PHP related
files including the appropriate directory structures into the new PHP
Project. You should also be using the PHP Explorer view and PHP
Perspective when working with the files. But the most important thing
is making sure you have the files in a PHP Project, otherwise some of
the functionality won't be available.

Dave
Previous Topic:Re: Disabling "Building workspace"
Next Topic:PHP script extension not found
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jan 30 18:24:37 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.09572 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top