Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » visualize a dynamic composite at design time.
visualize a dynamic composite at design time. [message #610263] Fri, 12 August 2005 18:50
hung is currently offline hungFriend
Hello,
I am having this scenario, and not sure how to solve it.

My Project is a plugin project that contains a viewer, a Composite, a simple text file, and a
PluginResourceLoader. The content of the viewer is the composite. When you package this plugin and
install into your eclipse environment, and open up this view. The view will instantiate the
composite. The composite uses PluginResourceLoader to find and load the text file. the text file
describes the content of the composite. So basically this composite's content is dynamically loaded
based on the content of the text file. The PluginResourceLoader finds and returns the location of
this file by first finding the install directory of this plugin, and then append the relative path
of this file. At runtime, it works fine.

The problem I am having is at design time. I have this plugin project in my workspace, and uses VE
to edit the composite. The VE displays an empty composite. This makes sense b/c this plugin is not
installed ( b/c I am in developing mode ).

I am trying to solve this problem by creating a custom edit part for this composite. It does not
use the PluginResourceLoader to load up the text file, but instead finding the IProject and uses the
IProject to load the file, then use GEF figures to create the visual components. This seems to work
but this method requires me to create custom GEF figures for each of my swt controls. I wonder if
there is a method that returns a GEF figure given a composite. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.
Previous Topic:visualize a dynamic composite at design time.
Next Topic:Jface+ Wizard Dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:18:59 GMT 2024