Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Integrating OCL - providing EvaluationEnvironment
Integrating OCL - providing EvaluationEnvironment [message #608685] Tue, 10 July 2007 17:07
Joel Greenyer is currently offline Joel GreenyerFriend
Hi,
I'm trying to integrate OCL with another language where there are object patterns described that have to be matched in a
model. In my language, there are graph patterns and, during the matching, "nodes" are bound to model objects.
Now, I want to integrate OCL with that language. The problem is that I need to reuse the existing node bindings in OCL
expressions. For example, when a node "p" is bound to the object ":person", then I want to be able to evaluate
expressions like "p.name='John'". Or, suppose there are other "person" objects bound, "p1.name=p2.name" etc.

My guess is that I have to provide the existing node bindings to an EcoreEvaluationEnvironment (everything based on
ECore here). But, from there, I'm clueless how to proceed. Do I have to hand the EvaluationEnvironment the OCLHelper? How?

I haven't used the OCL API very much yet, so it would be great if someone could provide some explanation and code snippets.

Thanks a lot!

Joel
Previous Topic:[Teneo]Problems when deleting object
Next Topic:Integrating OCL - providing EvaluationEnvironment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 18:38:12 GMT 2024