Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How to discover missing plugin dependencies?
How to discover missing plugin dependencies? [message #606288] Tue, 20 July 2010 04:09 Go to next message
kcassell2001 is currently offline kcassell2001Friend
I wanted to see whether I could install my first plugin in a newly installed Eclipse (Version: 3.5.2, Build id: M20100211-1343 on Windows). I placed my plugin and one of the ones it depended on in the dropins directory. After I started Eclipse my plugin wasn't shown as being installed while the other one was. I eventually noticed that I had forgotten to include another plugin on which mine was dependent. After including this one, my plugin showed up.

The unfortunate thing is that Eclipse didn't tell me about the missing dependency in either the error log or .metadata/.log. I also got no useful information when I started Eclipse with the -clean and -debug options. Is there some way to get a report about what dependencies are missing?

Cheers,
Keith
Re: How to discover missing plugin dependencies? [message #606291 is a reply to message #606288] Tue, 20 July 2010 06:59 Go to previous message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hi,

You can start or diag the OSGi Console and try to start the bundle manually. The console will print you some warnings. See http://eclipse.org/equinox/documents/quickstart.php for more details.

shell> eclipse -console
[...Eclipse starts up...]
osgi> diag your.unresolved.bundle
[...shows you unresolved constraints...]

HTH,
--
Mickael Istria -- BonitaSoft S.A.
http://www.bonitasoft.com/products/downloads.php
Previous Topic:PDEBuild Missing host org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_[1.0.0,1.2.0)
Next Topic:Cheat sheets and localization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 19:09:20 GMT 2024