Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Can't modify the classpath at Runtime...
Can't modify the classpath at Runtime... [message #605044] Mon, 15 March 2010 14:35 Go to next message
Kyne is currently offline KyneFriend
Hello,

I'm working on an Eclipse Plugin (the plugin is based on GMF, but not the problem...)

In the first project, "cosa", I've created some classes that uses the Log4J library. When I launch them as a Java Application, everything works right.

In my second project, called "cosa.diagram", I've added a small action that will create one class from the first project. To test my action, I just launch my plugin as an Eclipse Application. I call the action from a custom menu, and boom...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger

I don't now why this is happening... this is code from the action :
public void run(IAction action) {
Logger l = Logger.getLogger(this.getClass()); //WORKS !
DeleteComponent.getInstance(); //NoClassDefFoundError

} catch (Throwable e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
Re: Can't modify the classpath at Runtime... [message #605058 is a reply to message #605044] Tue, 16 March 2010 11:26 Go to previous message
Sönke Holsten is currently offline Sönke HolstenFriend
Adding jar's to a Plug-in project also caused me a lot of frustration in the beginning, but if you follow http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Plug-in_Development_FAQ#I.27 m_using_third_party_jar_files_and_my_plug-in_is_not_working. . you shouldn't have any problems.
Previous Topic:Can't modify the classpath at Runtime...
Next Topic:Problem porting rcp app to eclipse 3.5 on OS x 10.5.8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:39:23 GMT 2024