Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Large Files Editor
Large Files Editor [message #604256] Mon, 18 January 2010 15:35 Go to next message
Noam Behar is currently offline Noam BeharFriend
Hello,
It is known that eclipse default text editor lack of support to read huge files.
It reads the entire file into a string buffer and then creates a document out of it.

My question is if there is a text editor in Eclipse that support paging of file? meaning -
a user opens a huge file, but only the part that he currently sees is loaded into the memory, and he doesn't feel that only part of the file is loaded.

If not, I would like some tips for where to get started in writing such editor my self. I have good knowledge of PDE and wrote a few plugins, but this problem seems to be more complicated.
Moreover, the files I want to be able to open are not in the local workspace, but outside of it, so I am using IFileStore as a resource, FileStoreEditorInput as an IEditorInput and TextFileDocumentProvider as provider

Thanks a lot !
Re: Large Text Files Editor [message #604306 is a reply to message #604256] Thu, 21 January 2010 07:44 Go to previous message
Noam Behar is currently offline Noam BeharFriend
Anyone?

Thanks
Previous Topic:Large Text Files Editor
Next Topic:Update Site Creation Automation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:50:12 GMT 2024