Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Teneo: Identity (ID) scope conflicts
Teneo: Identity (ID) scope conflicts [message #602084] Fri, 02 February 2007 19:44
Brian Vetter is currently offline Brian VetterFriend
As I've read and witnessed, Teneo needs to place a unique id in every table. It will auto-generate one if a primary key (id) is not defined in a type/class (the name by default is e_id). If an element has an @Id annotation, it will use that as the primary key/id. I have also found that if a type defines an attributed named "id", it will use that at the primary key/id.

I have a series of XSDs and documents that utilize ID and IDREF for internal references within the document. In this scenario, the IDs and references are scoped to the document. When I try to bring these into a database using Teneo, these IDs must now be scoped to database - they must be unique not just within the document, but all documents.

While in a few cases, I can use annotations to change the primary key to another element (I haven't tried this yet so I don't know if it will override the check for the attributed named "id"), there are some types where there is no obvious unique key. Going back to the original schema developer to add one isn't really possible.

Is there a way to tell Teneo to not use the ID attribute as the key and to auto-generate one (an e_id field) instead?

And on a related front, is there plans for Teneo to support <key>, <keyref>, and <unique> in XSD in the future (or does it and I just didn't see it listed as supported on the web site or the test documents). I don't need it right now, but I see the need coming in the future.

Thanks,

Brian
Previous Topic:[Teneo] Newbie question: Do I really have to register all my packages to Teneo manually? (using data
Next Topic:emf model importer: prefix names are always "type"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:36:18 GMT 2024