Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Packaging existing plugins/bundles in PAR
Packaging existing plugins/bundles in PAR [message #600876] Mon, 09 August 2010 22:33 Go to next message
Edwin Park is currently offline Edwin ParkFriend
I have an existing codebase consisting of numerous Eclipse plug-in projects that I am looking to package into a PAR for deployment into a Virgo container, but I am running into an error when I package my standard plug-ins into a PAR and try to deploy them into Virgo.

I created a PAR project using the New.. wizard and opened the Dependency tab Manifest editor. But when I tried to Add.. a bundle, no bundles were shown. I figured out that I needed to configure my bundles with a Project Facet of EclipseRT OSGi Bundle in order for it to be seen by the PAR Manifest editor. So far, so good - however when I deploy the PAR into the Virgo server, I get this error:

[2010-08-09 18:09:40.172] TCP Connection(5)-127.0.0.1 <DE0002E> Installation of par 'com.rbc.fusion.codex.core.par' version '1.0.0' failed. java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot open an input stream for 'C:\apps\virgo-web-server-2.1.0.M02-incubation\work\org.ecli pse.virgo.kernel.deployer_2.1.0.M02-incubation\staging\com.r bc.fusion.codex.core.par-1\bundle\com.rbc.fusion.codex.core. par-1-com.rbc.fusion.codex.core\0.0.0\com.rbc.fusion.codex.c ore.jar\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF' as it does not exist
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.artifact.fs.internal.FileArtifactFS Entry.getInputStream(FileArtifactFSEntry.java:59)

The funny thing is I /am/ able to deploy the bundle directly to the Virgo server when it is not packaged in the PAR.

I'm using SpringSource dm Server Tools 2.3.3.201007151000-M2. For now I'm looking into using a Plan to do packaging instead, but I wanted to bring this up so it can be fixed, or so someone can point out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Edwin
Re: Packaging existing plugins/bundles in PAR [message #607727 is a reply to message #600876] Fri, 20 August 2010 17:50 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
This looks odd. Please could you raise a bugzilla to track it? It would be great if you could attach binaries for a minimal test PAR which reproduces the problem along with the corresponding bundle which deploys successfully.
Previous Topic:Packaging existing plugins/bundles in PAR
Next Topic:Re: @Autowired doesn't work when trying to wire a service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:41:43 GMT 2024