Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » How Do I Share Artifacts Among Plugins?
How Do I Share Artifacts Among Plugins? [message #599079] Thu, 21 January 2010 15:56 Go to next message
Ebaggg is currently offline EbagggFriend
I am creating a new plugin to model our in-house SDLC process. The catch is that there is an external EPF plugin (process) which contains Work Products that my new process uses.

For example, process "B" has a very complex EPF process that produces several Artifacts throughout the different phases and tasks.

The process I am creating "A" has it's own phases and tasks, but produces some of the artifacts in "A".

I have the plugin for "B" loaded in my Eclipse IDE along with my new "A". I was hoping I could drag-and-drop the artifacts into my plugin which would create links (that way if updated are made to "B" they automatically reflect in my "A").

It appears I cannot do this. I can drag tasks from "B" into "A" but not artifacts. Is there a way to link assets of 1 EPF plugin to another w/o copying and pasting the entire artifact/guideline/etc?
Re: How Do I Share Artifacts Among Plugins? [message #599088 is a reply to message #599079] Fri, 22 January 2010 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur Lucena is currently offline Arthur LucenaFriend
I think I get your question. The new "A" method plug-in has to reference the "B" method. It's easy to set this thing during the creation of the method plug-in (the window that appears once you right-click and select "Create method plug-in") on the field "Referenced Plug-ins" - you just have to check the method you want to use.
Once "A" refers "B" you can use every asset, task, process, category or anything from it.

But once you created (if you didn't the select the "B" method to be referenced) i don't know how to change this - I just have posted a thread about this problem.
--
Arthur Lucena
SQA @ Phoebus Tecnologia
http://www.phoebus.com.br
Re: How Do I Share Artifacts Among Plugins? [message #599094 is a reply to message #599088] Fri, 22 January 2010 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ebaggg is currently offline EbagggFriend
Thank you...that solves my problem perfectly. Cheers.
Re: How Do I Share Artifacts Among Plugins? [message #667503 is a reply to message #599088] Fri, 29 April 2011 08:27 Go to previous message
dzi is currently offline dziFriend
Arthur Lucena wrote on Fri, 22 January 2010 08:17
Once "A" refers "B" you can use every asset, task, process, category or anything from it.

I have however a problem with referencing the plug-in back. Meaning when I add a reference to "B" in "A" I can not add a reference to "A" in "B". Do you possibly know the sollution for this?
Previous Topic:Changing Method plug-in references
Next Topic:Installation Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:08:01 GMT 2024