Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Automatically load html file as context?
Automatically load html file as context? [message #593780] Tue, 13 November 2007 18:09
Conor O'Mahony is currently offline Conor O'MahonyFriend
Hi,

I am implementing context sensitive help in my RCP application. The technical writers are using
Flare to generate their help content, and they wish to generate their own list of contexts
associated with a dialog/view in a html file, instead of defining them in a contexts.xml file.

Is there any way to automatically load this html file as the context sensitive help for a
dialog/view when F1 is pressed? I made a contexts.xml file, and defined each context with a single
topic corresponding to the html file generated by the technical writers, but when I press F1 this
displays the "Related Topics" page in the help view, with the single topic pointing to the html
file. I want to bypass the "Related Topics" page and instead directly load the html file generated
by the technical writers into the help view.

Does anyone know if this is possible to do this?

Also, is it possible to turn off/remove the "Dynamic Help/ Search Results" from the Context
sensitive view?

Many thanks,
Conor
Previous Topic:Connecting web applications to standalone help
Next Topic:Strange error from
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:40:16 GMT 2024