|Discrepancy between Plug-in Dependencies view and Package Explorer [message #591961]
||Fri, 13 February 2009 16:43
| Aaron Tilton
Registered: July 2009
I am working on a RCP project in Eclipse 3.4.1 and have noticed a
discrepancy between what plug-ins get listed on a dependency analysis for
my project in the Plug-in Dependencies view and the Plug-in Dependencies
listed for the project in Package Explorer. I am concerned and curious
because what gets included in either my product configuration or my
feature project after going through the wizards are only the plug-in
dependencies listed in Package Explorer.
For example, if I set org.eclipse.ui as a dependency for my project then
it includes org.eclipse.ui.workbench as a dependency. Subsequently
org.eclipse.ui.workbench includes dependencies as well. But, when I do a
dependency analysis for my project, the dependencies shown for
org.eclipse.ui.workbench include org.eclipse.osgi and
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.compatibility in the Plug-in Dependencies View.
These aren't included in the plug-in dependency listing for my project in
I checked the manifest for org.eclipse.ui.workbench to see if the plug-ins
in question were marked as optional, but I could find neither listed.
I have checked both on-line help and the mailing list archives but could
not find anything. I would like to understand why this is happening or
what I am missing.
Thanks for your attention,
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01310 seconds